Sunday, May 23, 2010

Some Updates

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. We have been trying to get out and enjoy the weather and been very busy with other things as well. Our curb appeal projects are on hold, I am not sure for how long. More progress was made on cleaning up the massive tree that once lived in the front yard and we enjoyed a nice bonfire the other night from the wood. As far as the living room goes, I received my Medici capitals from Ballard Designs this past week. They are gorgeous! I believe I will use them as a small side table, but we'll see. I used my coupon from there to purchase 2 dome topiaries, a punched metal mirror in cream and a mercury glass pedestal. I can't wait for them to arrive! The topiaries and mirror should come within the week, but the pedestal is on backorder until September 13. I also priced furniture (way more than I thought it would be!) There is one large set that contains couch, loveseat, oversized chair, accent chair, coffee and end tables. I would like to get all the pieces, 2 accent chairs, 1 of everything else, and divide them up between living room, LL family room and master bedroom. That way if we ever move to a better space we have all the pieces to work with. I also looked at bedroom furniture and bedding for my two year old. We are expecting a baby in October and the 2 year old will lose her crib to the new baby so she needs her own special 'big girl' bed. I am holding off buying anything for now, waiting to find out if the new baby is a he or a she. Hopefully we will find out in the next few weeks.
Mainly I have been doing major cleaning and reorganizing, setting items aside for our rummage sale. If weather and my husband cooperate this Friday should be the day. I also found out we may have to move, but will know more within the next week or two which is why some of our projects are on hold as we learn more. Today I will be trying to finish going through the master bedroom and office areas, reorganizing and finding items to add to the to sell pile.
More posts to come soon and until next time, keep dreaming design!

No comments:

Post a Comment