Sunday, July 10, 2011

MEGA Mac n' Cheese

Hello. Hope you are having a great weekend! Just thought I would share last nights dinner. ; )
It was getting late, dinner needed to be started...and I quickly realized we did not have the ingredients for any traditional type of meal. I dug around to see what ingredients we did have and came up with this. Everyone said it was good so I wrote down the ingredients just in case anyone asked me to make it again. I warn you, not the healthiest thing around. Here is MEGA Mac n' Cheese.


Ingredients:
              4 Chicken Breasts (optional)
              12 oz Whole Wheat Rotini (or whatever noodles you have on hand)
               6 tablespoons butter - I used I can't believe it's not butter brand
              1/2 c. light sour cream
              8 oz. Finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
              8 oz. Finely Shredded Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese
              2.8 oz. package Real Bacon Pieces

1. Begin cooking chicken breasts if you are using them. While they are cooking you may begin step 2.
2. Prepare noodles following directions on box. After you drain and rinse them return to pan.
3. Add butter, cheeses, sour cream and bacon stirring after each addition. Mixture will be thick.
4. Slice chicken breasts and place on top of bowls of the macaroni.
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment