Monday, July 4, 2011

I think I am in L-O-V-E!!

About 11 years or so ago I moved out of my parents house and got an apartment. Early in the moving process I realized it just might be nice to have something to eat food off of. I purchased plates, cups, canisters, etc. all in the Corelle Callaway pattern.
 Since then I have sold/donated most accessories, but I still use the plates, bowls, etc. every day. The dishes have held up well and look ok, but for the past few years I have been itching to buy something a little 'nicer.' I have looked everywhere - Pottery Barn, Ballard, anywhere with dishes, but I have never been able to commit. It always makes me cringe thinking about spending so much money on dishes and then what if I get sick of them? What if I buy part of a line and it gets discontinued? What if, what if, what if?!
I load up my virtual cart, but just can't get through the checkout process. Then we get back to the ivy plates. (I'm pretty sure my husband hasn't minded.)

Anyway, now that you know everything you ever could have wanted to know about my plate situation, I will get on with my story. The other day I had a $5 off & 15% off coupon for Kohl's that I really wanted to use and it was almost 9 at night on the last day...so my husband drove us all over there. He was supposed to meet up with me and asked what area I would be in. To which I said I wasn't sure. He took longer than I thought he would & we kind of ended up wandering to the plates. The last few times I've been at Kohl's I have noticed this HUGE display of Fiestaware and had been intrigued. While looking at all the lovely colors I noticed this little cutie hiding on an opposite shelf...




The cutest dishes ever and the set was 60% off because a bowl was missing (bowls can be purchased separately.) This Sunflower color is just so happy and charming. I-LOVE-IT. Maybe that is going a bit far, but it is perfect. I became an overnight Fiesta addict and I do not collect things. It's just that the three Sunflower pieces are so lonely all by themselves, they must have more of their kind. There are so many beautiful colors it is hard to decide on what to get next! I am so glad I was a dish commitment-phobe all these years! Do you know what I really want?! They have the most gorgeous soup tureen in their 75th anniversay color Marigold. Only 10,000 are being made I believe. Oh, it is lovely!  For, now I am happy with these -
but, I will keep you posted! It's not just me -the girls can't wait to get more so we can use them.

P.S. I did notice some good deals online at Macy's but I think the sale ends today.

P.P.S. Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment