Saturday, January 22, 2011

Crummy start to the weekend & look-jewelry box for Valentines Day


Since my last post things have been pretty crazy. Plus side, I did get my camera. Also, my husband made up a recipe for some jalapeno burgers that were delish. However, girls were driving me bonkers. They went to bed. Next, getting ready for bed myself and Beau, one of our dogs, puked. Fortunately he was already in his crate for the night so not too big of a mess. I take my 3 month old son upstairs, put him in his bassinet and layed down myself. He throws up all over his bed. He also wakes up several times (he had been sleeping through the night.) Around 7am today we are getting ready, my husband and I share a car. He had to work, my daughter would have cheerleading at our church. Youngest daughter bolts upright in bed yelling, "I can't see!" Her eyes were fused shut by drainage. Our older daughter had a bit of a cold as well. So, off to the doctor they go. They both have eye and ear infections, the younger one is much worse than the other. The older one is cleared for cheerleading, but gets a prescription, younger one is not supposed to be around others as much as possible. My husband attempts to take daughter to cheerleading, the car dies! Gah! Terrible start to the weekend. Hoping it gets better quick.


I did try a yummy recipe for breakfast for baked oatmeal that I got from a friend. Perfect for a chilly day and it is fast, easy and uses ingredients you probably already have at home. What more could you want?


Baked Oatmeal
3 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!


By the way the picture at the start of my post is of the jewelry box I made. Here are a few more pics.





And here is my first 'thrift store find.' I am going to be starting with ones that only have 'after' pictures, but eventually I will start having both before and after. It did occur to me to post these at first, but I thought people might like to see.

I found this little mirror/frame. Just thought it was cute. I custom mixed this shade of turquoise and painted it. It looks like a more muted color in real life. One really nice thing is that it has a mirror but, there is a picture frame opening in the back so it be switched out with a picture if desired. Well, everyone, here is hoping for a better tomorrow & until then keep dreaming design!

No comments:

Post a Comment