Friday, January 21, 2011

Feeling Valentines-y!

January is almost over and it is getting close to valentines day! I have to confess I really love Valentine's Day- all the red and pink and hearts, just love it. Some people think it is corny, I think it is romantic. Went to Barnes & Noble last week and they a valentines display that had piles of copies of my favorite book ever, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, and I almost had to buy it, even though I already have at least two copies!
Anyways, I think (fingers crossed) I may finally be getting my new camera today. I went to get one a bit ago, but the one I wanted was sold out just about everywhere. My husband says he will go to the store that has it later and pick it up. Finally I can post pics again! I spent this morning baking cookies for a winter party at my oldest daughter's (she's 6) school. My husband is there now helping out. After cookies, I went shopping, no camera but I also stopped at a thrift shop and found some goodies. Soon I will start posting my thrift store finds.
Back to valentines I have made a few things that I will be showing you soon. I made a little trinket/jewelry box and a nutcracker. I also found directions to a really cool wreath online and I going to try making one of my own. If it turns out ok I will be sure to share.
If anyone is interested here is my chocolate chip cookie recipe. I promise it is delicious!

1 cup Butter Flavor all vegtable shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda


In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar on medium speed for three minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beat well. Add vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into small balls (about a tablespoon) 3 inches apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (I prefer 8, but if you like a little crunchier bake longer.) Remove to wire rack to cool. Makes about 3 dozen.

Make these for your valentine! You can also substitute any other chips you want to make other flavors or colors. Ok. I will be back again soon, hopefully with pics. Until then, keep dreaming design!

No comments:

Post a Comment