Friday, September 16, 2011

Prepping for the Fabulous Fifties



Just wanted to do a quick update! I will be starting my 50's project on Sunday. So far I have been preparing by cleaning (not 50's standards but cleaning) and doing a little shopping. I've been major cleaning so I wouldn't get burned out in the 50's, but whew, I am already burned out now. Also, been doing some reading.
Did I mention that, other than telling everyone on the Internet, I haven't actually told anyone I know? I wanted to see how long it would take for anyone to notice and how they would react. So far in the preparations, my husband has only looked at me funny a couple of times. 1. He thought it was odd I wanted to go to the bank and withdraw a bunch of cash (no credit or debit in the 50's!) to pay for gas, groceries, etc. He then assumed I was doing some type of budget thing and wasn't too worried about it.
2. He looked at me a little funny when I purchased gin and cherry brandy. I don't think I ever have purchased either of those things. I explained I had found a drink recipe I wanted to try and he was fine with it.
Another part of my project was that I decided if I had consumables (food, beauty products, etc) I would use up what was left, but when it was gone had to be replaced with an appropriate replacement. A couple days ago I ran out of diet mountain dew. I estimate I normally drink about 3 cans a day of this. Not only was this drink not around then, but people did not down soda like we do now. So, it has been a couple days since I had any, which I think is partially contributing to my feeling of fatigue and being burned out, not to mention some doozy headaches. I did drink some coke yesterday though. I had my last restaurant trip for awhile, Buffalo Wild Wings. People were also not constantly going out to eat.
Looking forward to getting started and just doing this already! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment